Water Quality Control Book Course
Water is an excellent solvent, it dissolves many substances. To get correct results and values, analysts have to follow sample strategies. Sampling has become a quality-determining step. If samples can’t be analyzed directly they have to be stored and preserved. Physical, chemical or biological activities in a water sample can distort the chemical composition in water. Statistical treatment of data ensures the reliability of the results. Statistical methods will also be reviewed in this course.
The course will deal with the water characteristics (physical, chemical and biological) and their analysis methods. The program presents an overview of the need for analysis of water, how analytical methods are developed and quality control is applied and how the results of analysis are used.
Upon the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply an up-to-date knowledge and skills on water analysis and quality control techniques
- Select proper water samples from different sources including seawater, river water, and different water sources.
- Practice the latest water analysis standard methods and use the correct analytical equipment to achieve the required results.
- Implement the various laboratory methods and technology in water analysis including qualitative/quantitative analysis, titrimetric, potentiometers, Colorimeter, spectrophotometer and chromatography.
UMETTS certificate will be issued to all attendees completing all of the total tuition hours of the course
Who Should attend?
This course intended for: ‐Laboratory research and development Chemists ‐Laboratory technicians , technician.
Module 01: Water Sampling and Analysis
- Chemical and Physical Properties of Water
- Properties of Pure water
- Water Sampling
- Quantitative Analysis of Water
- Water constituents and properties
- Water Analysis Techniques
- Chemical quantitative analysis
Module 02: Water Analysis ASTM Standard Test Methods
- Test methods of salinity and Chloride in water (ASTM D- 512/o4)
- Test method of Calcium and Magnesium in water (ASTM D- 511/o3)
- Test method of total and dissolved Carbon dioxide in water (ASTM D- 513/06)
- Test method of sulfate in water (ASTM D- 516/07)
- Test method of silicate in water (ASTM D-859/05)
Module 03: Water Analysis ASTM Standard Test Methods
- Test method of dissolved Oxygen in water (ASTM D-888/05)
- Test method of Acidity and Alkalinity in water (ASTM D- 1067/06)
- Test method of Iron in water (ASTM D-1068/05)
- Test method of resistivity and Conductivity in water (ASTM D-1125/05)
- Test methods of total hardness in water (ASTM D- 1126/02)
Module 04: Water Analysis ASTM Standard Test Methods
- Test methods of pH of water (ASTM D- 12936/05)
- Test method of residual Chlorine in water (ASTM D-1253/03)
- Test method of Ammonia nitrogen in water (ASTM D- 1426/03)
- Test method of specific gravity of water (ASTM D- 1429/03)
- Test method of nitrite and nitrate of water (ASTM D- 3867/04)
Module 05: Water Analysis ASTM Standard Test Methods
- Test method of turbidity of water (ASTM D- 6695/07)
- Test method of flocculation and Coagulation of water Jar Test (ASTM D- 2035/03)
- Test method of Oil in Water (ASTM D- 3921/03)
- Test methods of sediment concentration in water (ASTM D- 3977/07)
- Test method of Sulfate Reducing Bacteria in water (ASTM D- 4412/02)