This highly interactive programme aims to give practising or potential managers the foundation for formal skills development in their role.
- To assist participants in gaining the basic knowledge required by a manager.
- To appreciate and develop basic management skills.
- To think about how you currently operate and on return to the workplace, maintain these standards or make improvements to your own management behaviour.
The workshop is based around an office scenario case study that develops during the course of the two days. Participants use the topics covered to complete tasks, discuss and make decisions about events taking place in the case study. Topics covered include:
- Stress management
- Selecting the correct candidate for the job role
- Writing a Person Specification and Job Description
- Interviewing techniques
- Managing difficult situations/ disciplinary procedures
- Conflict resolution
- Report writing