Laboratory Auditing & ISO 17025:2005 Internal Auditor Book Course
This new standard aligns and harmonizes ISO/IEC 17025 with ISO 9001. The training incorporates and explains the amendments to clauses where ISO determined that such changes were necessary. The technical requirements for laboratories who provide testing and calibration services are enhanced by the use of management systems that incorporate the requirements of ISO 9001.
The acceptance of testing and calibration results between countries and industries should be facilitated if laboratories will comply with this International Standard. The use of this standard will also facilitate cooperation between laboratories and other bodies and assist in the exchange of information and experience, standards and procedures. The introduction of the Process Approach to Management Systems and a new auditing standard which allows efficient and effective auditing of these systems can be used by internal and external auditors to meet the requirements of laboratory and quality systems. Our 5-Day seminar provides insight to the quality, lab and auditing facets with a fast paced, interactive approach.
- Present requirements for a competent and compliant calibration/test laboratory
- Compile examples of documentation required for demonstrating compliance system
- Understand basics for implementing a sound laboratory system from quality, calibration, and test perspectives
- Student takes workbook back to Lab as model for own facility and future auditing
UMETTS certificate will be issued to all attendees completing all of the total tuition hours of the course.
Who Should attend?
Laboratory managers, responsible company/corporate management, lab personnel, persons responsible for documenting, implementing, maintaining or auditing the laboratory systems; internal, 2nd or 3rd party auditors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
General knowledge of functional management, quality systems, and laboratory practices
The Challenge for Top Management
- Introduction to ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Eight Quality Management Principles
- Overview of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Requirements
- Introduction to ISO 9001:2000 Audit Traits
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Performing the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Close Out