Ion Chromatograph Book Course
This course introduces the concept and application of ion chromatography for the determination of cations and anions in water and wastewater samples
This course outlines the requirements in developing and maintaining an effective qualification, performance verification, and calibration program for ion chromatographic technique.
Upon successful completion of this course, student be able to:
- Know the theory and instrumentation of the system
- Sample clean up and pretreatment methods
- Demonstrate understanding the procedure of ion chromatography
- Know and explain the standard test methods for cations and anions in water and wastewater
- Advantage of ion chromatography
- Calibration and standardization
- Interpret and discus the analysis results
UMETTS Consultant certificate will be issued to all attendees completing all of the total tuition hours of the course.
Who Should attend?
It is Suitable For Water Services, Supervisors, Chemists, Team Leader ‐ Water & Power, Physics Analysts and Technicians. Further, Also, Other Professionals Who Want A Better Understanding Of The Subject Matter
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
Sample clean up and preparation:
- Define the sample pretreatment or clean up which must be achieved prior injection to the ion chromatography instrument.
Ion chromatographic Analysis
- Give an introduction and basis of chromatography and its classification based on the mobile phase. Explain the concept of Ion chromatographic analysis. Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and concepts of Ion chromatography
Explain the instrumentation of the ion chromatography:
- Eluent type
- Pumping system
- Column type
Standard Methods for quantitative determination of cations and anions in Water and Wastewater samples . Demonstrate proper sampling scheduling, collection, and preservation techniques.
Explain the methods used for calibration of individual cations and anions taken into consideration the limitation of the concentration for each element and verification of the instrument.
Explain the advantage of ion chromatography over the other spectroscopic techniques used for water analysis ( atomic absorption and inductively coupled plasma,ICP,) and demonstrate the basics of spectrometry, in order to choose the proper of technique from among the multiplicity of analytical procedures which depends on many factors such as sampling methods, personal analytical performance, the aim of analysis and perhaps most important, the availability of instrumentation.
Data Preparation, Interpretation and Analysis
Discuss the results reporting and interpretation using critical thinking skills .Data Interpretation is the extraction of maximum information from a given set of data or information. The data can be presented either in the form of a table or a bar chart or a pie chart or a line graph or as a combination of one of these formats. The ability to interpret data presented in tables, graphs and charts is a common requirement in many management and professional jobs.